Apr 1, 2013

Sacré-Coeur et Jardin du Luxembourg

I finally met with my group and moved in my host family. It's so good to settle down in a place and have a home. My host family is located in 18th arrondissement, which is also known as the district of Montmartre. The two most famous spots here are Sacré-coeur and Moulin Rouge. Montmartre was favored by artists such as Salvador Dalí, Claude Monet, Pablo Picasso and Vincent van Gogh. Well.. enough for background knowledge, let's take a closer look at this area!
Dining area of my host family. I love the wooden table, chairs and shelves because they are perfectly in accordance with the tone of the neighborhood.

On my way up to the Sacré-Coeur. Lots of studios of artists can be found here.

 
 The back of Sacré-Coeur

The detail of front exterior.

 Voila! The breath-taking view from the top of Montmartre. This is definitely a great place to look at the sunrise. Can you see the sacred light?

The next day, my friends and I took an experimental trip to hour school in order to get familiar with the route. We had lunch together and then took a walk in Jardin du Luxembourg, which is 200 meters away from my school.
 A typical french meal: tartine baked with goat cheese and honey + salad.

 
 Full view of the center of the garden. People relaxing around the pond.


The huge building is Palais du Luxembourg and the pond at the front is one of the famous places for the children- you can see small sailboats everywhere.

Another thing I noticed about Paris is that no matter what day it is, as long as the museums are open, they are always flooded with people who are eager to appreciate artworks. Today is the last day of Easter break (dete de Pâques), when most boutiques and boulangeries are closed. On my way home, I walked past Musée du Luxembourg and saw a long line outside the door, which reminded me of a similar scene at Musée d'art Naïf, a small museum for contemporary art in Montmartre.
The beauty of Paris comes from inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment